Asked by Anurag

8 months ago

Hi Doctor i have a very specific concen related to HIV. Please read my concern fully and please do not miss any line. I am very confused and worried because of an Article that says taking Antidepressants SSRI's significantly slows down the Viral replication of HIV and RT response of HIV. (I have given the Article link at the end of the query) I took Antidepressants SSRI's during the entire HIV window period of 90 days daily And took two HIV 3rd generation Antibody tests after 4,and 6 months of the exposure and results were negative. Although my both 3rd generation HIV Antibody tests are negative after 4 and 6 months of the exposure. What concenrs me is that If i may have got HIV from my exposure then my Antidepressants Ssri intake during the whole HIV Window period of 90 days daily may have slowed down the Viral replication of HIV and RT response of HIV as soon as HIV enters the body. Therefore virus replication may be too slow in my body As a result, virus level may be too low in my body even immune system does not recognize them, That is why immune sysyem is not producing detectable level of HIV Antibodies. Therefore my both 3rd generation HIV Antibodies tests did not detect HIV Antibodies even after the 4,and 6 months of the exposure. Doctor please read the Article from the provided link and please address my concerns whether it is valid or not with some scientific insight. Here is the Article link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978281/

Replies to question

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Articles related to Viral and Infectious Disease Consultation