Asked by Anonymous User

on 18/2/19

I have been suffering from temporal lobe epilepsy since 2004. Later, I suffered from hashimoto's thyroiditis in 2015. In 2018, I suffered minor cardiac event and a stent was put in left main artery.  Recently, I was diagnosed with diastolic dysfunction grade 2.  Thereafter, I suffered from anxiety and depression. Currently, I take : Deplatt CV bd, Ivabradine 5mg bd, Nebicard SM of, Zeptol CR 400 mg bd, Zosert 75 mg ( 25 morning + 50 night), Thyronorm 37.5 mg and Pantop D SR. Since my health is fragile,  I have few questions: (1) Because of cardiac event, I want to go for brain surgery to be free from epilepsy. Whether it is possible or not ? What other options do I have ? (2) Am I on adequate cardiac medicines to manage my condition ?

Replies to question

Asst. Prof. Dr. Suman Prasad Adhikari

Consultant Psychiatrist , 3 Years of practice

I would advise you not to go for surgery, as the complications of surgery can be more devastating considering your medical condition. Still if you want, please contact neurosurgeon well trained with epilepsy surgery.

Answered on 16/5/19

Thank you for your question. If you want to go for brain surgery you should be medically fit. To look for your cardiac function you need to do echocardiogram and other investigation and after cardiologist opinion you may proceed. Thorough detail of your history and treatement is needed to say about your medicine. Please consult with your treating doctor about you condition, medicine and all. Thank you

Answered on 20/2/19

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤