- Generally a healthy Adult need 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Setting Fix Sleeping and Waking time: Always sleep and get up at fixed time, no excuses, not even in the weekends or during holidays.
- Wind Down Time: 1 Hour before going to bed- Control of environmental factors ( reducing noise, deeming lights and warm temperature of room). You can use destractions from the stresses of afternoon by reading, writing, listening to smooth music or having warm bath. Relaxation with Meditation. Avoid mobile phones late at night. Remember,use bed only for sleep and sex.
- Avoid Coffee, Tea, Smoking and Alcohol after about 4p.m.
- Drinking warm milk,other milky drinks or even warm water helps initiate sleep.
- Learn to set aside a time during the day to reflect on problems and stresses.
- Regular Exercise but not late at night.
- Avoid daytime Naps or reduce it to less than 40 minutes.
- The regular practice of relaxation during the day help to provide reducing arousal.
- Youtube: Progressive Relaxation Techniques.
- If sleep doesn't occur, do not remain in bed for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Instead, Get up and go to another room or to window get some air without turning on lights.
- Return to bed only when sleepy.
- Do not check time.