Asked by भण्डारी रुपक ,29 years

on 13/10/18

The doctor told me that I have suffered an MCL sprain after what I suppose was a Valgus Stress test on my knee which he further confirmed so after an X-Ray (AP and Lateral). I have been told to wear a short knee brace. Now that it has been nearly three weeks or so what kinds of light exercises should I pursue so as to regain strength on my knee( I didn't do quad sets, SLR previously and have started them and heel prop additionally just two days ago). Since I am also an athlete, is it okay that I return to the game after I am able to stretch my knees without pain or should I wait for a while ? Also should I stop wearing the brace from now on. Since restricting the mobility of one of the flexible parts of your body may stiffen it when kept the way it is? I will greatly appreciate the help. I didn't do quad sets, SLR previously but have started it lately. Thank You.

Replies to question

Dear Rupak, Thank you for the question. The duration of physiotherapy and mobilization depends upon the response and your clinical condition . Its quite difficult to say from here to stop or continue the exercise you are doing or do mobilization. You need to consult with your own doctor . Or if you want to consult with orthopedic surgeon via hamrodoctor please go through this link: https://www.hamrodoctor.com/service/orthopedic

Answered on 15/10/18

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤