Asked by Marcelo Ricardo

on 4/9/21

(Message written with Google Translator) Hello, I am male, Brazilian, 18 years old, with no pre-existing health problems and I was diagnosed with post-covid pneumonia (mild covid condition). The main symptom was pain in the base of the right lung, which was accompanied by a sensation of "bubbles" or "noises" (perceivable) in this same region. The pain is not constant, but it always comes with breathing in and sometimes moving. It decreases when I'm standing. The doctor heard a wheezing in the other lung and, after a blood test that found abnormalities, prescribed antibiotics for 7 days and painkillers. I have no fever, dyspnea and very little cough, no phlegm. Is it possible it's not pneumonia? If yes, what other problems could it be?

Replies to question

Dr. Rujan Malla

RADIOLOGY AND NUCLEAR MEDICINE

Diagnosed case of covid pneumonia might take time to recover completely. Even if you are RT-PCR negative, you might still be having clinical symptoms or even if your clinical symptoms have reminisced, your radiographs (High Resolution CT scan or X-ray) might still show some ground-glass opacities or covid related pneumonia. If your symptoms are still persistent, as a practicing Radiologist ,I would advice you to have a HRCT Scan done and followed by your physician consultation. Antibiotics would be of little use in this case.

Answered on 7/9/21
Dr. Sumedha Paudel

Medical officer, 2 Years of practice

Need to see the chest x ray to confirm if its pneumonia or not. Consult with the local doctor out there for the explanation of X ray. Complete the total dose of antibiotics as prescribed.

Answered on 5/9/21

Dear user, if you would like to consult online with a doctor regarding your problem, kindly go through the link below, https://www.hamrodoctor.com/service/pulmonologist-internal-medicine

Answered on 5/9/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤