Asked by Anonymous User

on 3/10/18

Does Urethrotomy procedure have complications in the future? During my chordee surgery the surgeon inadvertently performed urethrotomy. What test should i request the surgeon to perform now. i am in a pain. Its been a week after surgery. Does it heal and how long it takes?

Replies to question

During the course of the drop down, an inadvertent Urethrotomy was performed as the urethra was oddly positioned off to the lateral aspect of the phallus to the patients right side. This was recognized and closed with a running locking suture of 5-0 PDS. They tested for water tightness, and there was no evidence of leakage. The shaft skin was then further dropped down until the entire phallus was exposed down to the penopubic junction. Does this sound like a bigger issue? This is all from doctors surgery note. I couldn't understand this. Can you please explain this to me in simple English. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Answered on 4/10/18

Its not clear why urethrotomy was done during the chordee surgery. It needs to be examined what is the condition of your wound and incision site. Are you passing urine from your previous opening or urethrotomy site! its better if you consult your operating surgeon and know why it was done and what is the current situation. Thank you!

Answered on 3/10/18

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤