Asked by Yuki ,26 years

on 15/7/21

Hello. I am currently living in Japan and I am suffering from Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). I did my endoscopy 4 months ago and I was diagnosed with hiatal hernia, reflux esophagitis, and GERD. so I wanted to know if this disease would be cured or not. I am having frequent heartburn I am taking some medications prescribed by the doctors here but neither of them is working well. so I am worried if this will have any future complications or not? and for my diet, I eliminated every spicy food oily food that is not good for my gut but still, I am not getting better. its 5 months now since I started having heartburn. so I wanted to know if I need surgery or if it takes time to heal or if it doesn't get cured. and any future complications? this disease is directly affecting my mental health too. I get stressed about it every day. I cannot eat anything. after eating something my stomach reacts differently and I get heartburn. the doctor here told me to avoid high protein foods like meat fish chicken and I am curious how will I get protein and other essential nutrients in my diet. can you please suggest to me the diet I can have o r the diet I should avoid? I am having stress with this disease. please suggest to me something about this problem. any suggestions would be highly appreciated. thank you in advance. looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Replies to question

Dr. Sumedha Paudel

Medical officer, 2 Years of practice

Dont know about the medicine you are taking, but it canbe cured after proper treatement. Can do surgery in serious cases if medicine is not working. Its better if you consult with gastrologist send your all investigations and report and take suggestion accordingly. Private consultation with gastro doctors are available in this app too.

Answered on 15/7/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤