Asked by Anonymous User

on 14/5/21

My son is 12 years old (51 kg) and is suffering from fever and mild cold since three days. On the first day I gave him flexion, and yesterday, I took him to a paediatrician and after examining, he prdescribed Paracetamol tab, Torcef (Cefixime) tab along with Altrex syrup. The problem is that each Paracetamol tablet works for 5-6 hrs ( temperature decrease after having medicine) and again his body temperature get increase. Day 1 his highest temperature was 103.6 °C and since two days his highest body temperature fluctuates between 102 - 103°C. I'm much worried considering the current situation. Suggest Doctor.

Replies to question

Thank you doctor for your suggestion. I thought to keep my son on observation for today before Covid test and I'm feeling much relief today as my son has not showed any sign of fever since morning. Once again thank you sir.

Answered on 15/5/21
Dr. Purushottam Adhikari

Psychiatry, 2 Years of practice

Has he been through anyone positive of Covid? Considering current situation its better to do test and rule out Covid. Give paracetamol tablet four times a day and if not subsiding, needs the test and further evaluation

Answered on 14/5/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤