Trabet belongs to a class of drugs called topical corticosteroids. This medication is a very strong (super-high potency) corticosteroid that helps to reduce the swelling, itching and redness in skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, allergies and rash.
Dose and Direction of Use
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently apply the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Mode of Action
It works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy.
- Application on site reactions such as burning, irritation, itching and redness and swelling
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.