TINIZOL 500 is brand name of Tinidazole 500mg. It is an antibiotic medicine that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria and parasites. It is used to treat infections of the liver, stomach, intestines, vagina, brain, heart, lungs, and skin.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal, antibacterial agent. The nitro- group of tinidazole is reduced by cell extracts of Trichomonas. The free nitro- radical generated as a result of this reduction may be responsible for the antiprotozoal activity.
- Treat certain types of vaginal infections (bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis).
- Treat certain types of parasite infections (giardiasis, amebiasis).
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Don't use this medicine for viral flu or common cold.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.