Silodosin 4 mg
QbD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
The active ingredient of SILOFAST is Silodosin. Silodosin is alpha adrenergic blockers.
Urological, Alpha-adrenoreceptor Antagonist.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow this capsule by mouth as directed by doctor, usually once daily with a meal. If you difficulty swallowing the capsule, you can sprinkle the content inside of capsule in the applesauce and swallow the mixture within 5 minutes. Don't overheat the applesauce or chew the mixture or keep it for longer use. Dosage depends upon medical condition and response to treatment. Take medication regularly as prescribed for the better result.
Mode of Action
Silodosin is a selective antagonist of α1A-adrenoreceptors primarily located in the human prostate, bladder base, bladder neck, prostatic capsule and prostatic urethra. Data from an in vitro study showed that Silodosin has lower affinity for α1B-adrenoreceptors that are primarily located in the cardiovascular system than for the α1A-adrenoreceptor subtype. Blockade of α1A-adrenoreceptors causes smooth muscle in these tissues to relax, thus decreasing bladder outlet resistance, without affecting detrusor smooth muscle contractility. This causes an improvement of both storage (irritative) and voiding (obstructive) symptoms (Lower urinary tract symptoms, LUTS) associated with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Indicated for the relief of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) associated with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia in adult men.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30 mL/min)
- Severe hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Score>10)
- Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors or P-glycoprotein inhibitors
Precautions and Warning
- This medication may cause sudden drop in blood pressure. So, you might feel drowsiness or dizziness. To avoid such, doctor may tell you to take the medications before bed time so that body gets used to its effects.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as it can make you more dizzy.
- Avoid any machinery work or driving activities that requires alertness
- Talk to your doctor about medical history like liver problems, kidney problems or eye problems like cataract.
- Don't take two doses at one time. If missed dose, take as soon as possible but not if its almost time for your next dose.