Serzol is the antifungal drug which stops the growth of fungus and prevents the fungal infection. It is used to treat Tinea pedis in immunocompetent patients 12 years of age and older.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Apply the medication twicw daily or as per the prescriptin provided.
- Apply the cream sufficiently that it covers the affected area between the toes.
- Cleanse the affected area prior using the cream.
Mode of Action
Sertaconazole inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol by inhibiting the 14-α demethylase enzyme. Ergosterol is a key component of the cell membrane of fungi. This inhibits the synthesis of fungal cell membrane which prevents the fungus from growing & multiplying. This shows fungistatic activity of Sertaconazole.
- Athletes foot
- topical treatment of interdigital Tinea pedis in immunocompetent patients 12 years of age and older
Hypersensitivity to any ingredients of the product
Precautions and Warning
- Follow the dosing schedule as per the direction provided.
- Consult about health issues prior starting your medication.
- Do not use the cream randomly anywhere.
- Do not skip the medication schedule.
- Use the cream with caution for the hypersensitivity patients.
- Do not cover the application site with dressings or bandages right after application of the cream.