Serzol is the brand name for sertaconazole nitrate 2%w/w which works by stopping the growth of fungus. It is used in the treatment of tinea pidis like athletes foot.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Apply the medication twicw daily or as per the prescriptin provided.
- Apply the cream sufficiently that it covers the affected area between the toes.
- Cleanse the affected area prior using the cream.
Mode of Action
Sertaconazole inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol by inhibiting the 14-α demethylase enzyme. Ergosterol is a key component of the cell membrane of fungi. This inhibits the synthesis of fungal cell membrane which prevents the fungus from growing & multiplying. This shows fungistatic activity of Sertaconazole.
- Athletes foot
- topical treatment of interdigital Tinea pedis in immunocompetent patients 12 years of age and older
Hypersensitivity to any ingredients
Precautions and Warning
- Follow the dosing schedule as per the direction provided.
- Consult about health issues prior starting your medication.
- Do not use the cream randomly anywhere.
- Do not skip the medication schedule.
- Use the cream with caution for the hypersensitivity patients.
- Do not cover the application site with dressings or bandages right after application of the cream.