National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Seroxim-500 contains Cefuroxime Axetil as active constituent. Cefuroxime is a broad spectrum antibiotic of cephalosporin group.It is a second generation cephalosporin. It works by fighting bacteria in your body. Cefuroxime is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, including severe or life-threatening forms.
Broad Spectrum Antibiotic agent
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it after food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Cefuroxime axetil undergoes hydrolysis by esterase enzymes to the active antibiotic, cefuroxime.
Cefuroxime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis following attachment to penicillin binding proteins (PBPs). This results in the interruption of cell wall (peptidoglycan) biosynthesis, which leads to bacterial cell lysis and death.
- Acute streptococcal tonsillitis and pharyngitis.
- Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Acute otitis media.
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis.
- Uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections.
- Treatment of early Lyme disease.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
- History of severe hypersensitivity (e.g. anaphylactic reaction) to any other type of betalactam antibacterial agent (penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems).
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.