Generic Name:- Aripiprazole 5 mg
Manufactured By:- QbD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Schizopra contains Aripiprazole, which is antipsychotics. Aripiprazole is an atypical second generation anti psychotic.
Antipsychotics, Antimanic agents
Dose and Direction of Use
Follow the instruction of your doctor or pharmacist carefully. Swallow the tablet whole with or without food as prescribed by your doctor. Dosage is based on age, medical condition and response to treatment. Use this medication regularly and may take few weeks for better result. Don't take greater dose for longer period of time or else risk of side effect may increase.
Mode of Action
Aripiprazole's efficacy in schizophrenia and Bipolar I Disorder is mediated through a combination of partial agonism at dopamine D2 and serotonin 5HT1a receptors and antagonism of serotonin 5HT2a receptors. Aripiprazole exhibited antagonist properties in animal models of dopaminergic hyperactivity and agonist properties in animal models of dopaminergic hypo activity. Aripiprazole exhibited high binding affinity in vitro for dopamine D2 and D3, serotonin 5HT1a and 5HT2a receptors and moderate affinity for dopamine D4, serotonin 5HT2c and 5HT7, alpha-1 adrenergic and histamine H1 receptors. Aripiprazole also exhibited moderate binding affinity for the serotonin reuptake site and no appreciable affinity for muscarinic receptors.
- Aripiprazole is indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults and in adolescents aged 15 years and older.
- Aripiprazole is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe manic episodes in Bipolar I Disorder
- For the prevention of a new manic episode in adults who experienced predominantly manic episodes and whose manic episodes responded to Aripiprazole treatment.
- Aripiprazole is indicated for the treatment up to 12 weeks of moderate to severe manic episodes in Bipolar I Disorder in adolescents aged 13 years and older.
- Used for agitated state and depression for adults
- Used for autism and Tourette's Syndrome
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance.
Precautions and Warning
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history (diabetes, heart problem, heart failure, irregular heartbeat)
- This medication can make you drowsy or dizzy. So, avoid alcochol or marijuana( cannabis) that can support the drowsiness and dizziness
- Avoid any machinery work or driving work that requires alertness.
- This medication makes you sweat less. So, avoid any work or exercise that can cause overheat or heat stroke.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are pregnant, breast-feesing mother or planning to get pregnant. Babies born of mother who are taking this medication during last 3 months of pregnancy may rarely develop symptoms like stiffness, breathing problems so if you recognize any such symptoms call the doctor right away.