Generic Name:- Rosuvastatin 20 mg
Manufactured By:- Nepal Pharmaceuticals Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. (NPL)
ROVAS 20 is brand name of Rosuvastatin 20 mg that belongs to a group of medicines called statins.
HMG-CoA Reducatse Inihibitor (Lipid Lowering Agent)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Rosuvastatin is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, the rate-limiting enzyme that converts 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A to mevalonate, a precursor for cholesterol. The primary site of action of rosuvastatin is the liver, the target organ for cholesterol lowering. Rosuvastatin increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell-surface, enhancing uptake and catabolism of LDL and it inhibits the hepatic synthesis of VLDL, thereby reducing the total number of VLDL and LDL particles.
- Treatment of hypercholesterolemia( high cholesterol level)
- Prevention of cardiovascular events
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Severe renal impairment (Creatinine Clearance <30ml/min)
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting the treatment and regularly. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of liver problems such as stomach pains, unusually dark urine or yellowing of skin or eyes.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fatigue, muscle weakness or muscle pain.
- It treats high cholesterol by lowering "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides (fats). It should be taken in addition to regular exercise and low-fat food habit.