Generic Name:- Rosuvastatin 10 mg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Rosutab-10 is a brand name of Rosuvastatin 10 mg Tablet that belongs to a group of medicines called statins.
HMG-Co.A Reducatse Inihibitor (Lipid Lowering Agent)
Dose and Direction of Use
Rosutab-10 is to be taken orally. Rosuvastatin can be taken with or without food at any time of day.
Mode of Action
Rosuvastatin is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, the rate-limiting enzyme that converts 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A to mevalonate, a precursor for cholesterol. The primary site of action of rosuvastatin is the liver, the target organ for cholesterol lowering.
Rosuvastatin increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell-surface, enhancing uptake and catabolism of LDL and it inhibits the hepatic synthesis of VLDL, thereby reducing the total number of VLDL and LDL particles.
- Treatment of hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of cardiovascular events
-Hypersensitivity to Rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease
- Severe renal impairment (Creatinine Clearance <30ml/min)
- Pregnancy and Lactation
Precautions and Warning
- Rosuvastatin should be used with caution in patients who consume excessive quantities of alcohol and/have a history of liver disease.
- Should be used in patients with predisposing factors to myopathy.
- The dose should be reduced to 5 mg in patients with moderate renal impairment.