Rabepra is a proton pump inhibitor(PPI) used to reduce the amount of acid in our stomach. It is the medication for heart burn, gastro-esophagal reflux and to prevent from stomah ulcers.
Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI)
Dose and Direction of Use
- Take the medicine in empty stomach by swallowing with water.
- Do not open the capsule shell or chew the capsule while intaking.
Mode of Action
Rabepra suppress gastric acid secretion by blocking acid pump within gastric parietal cells in which rabepra is protonated and transformed to sulfenamide.
- Eradication of H.Pylori
- Duodenal ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Gastro esophageal reflux disease
- NSAIDs induced gastric irritation
- Contraindicated to hepatic impaired patients
- Hypersensitivity reaction to the ingredients of rabepra
- Rilpivirine-containing products
Precautions and Warning
- Take the medicine as prescribed. Do not overdose or underdose the medication.
- If you miss the dose, take as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if its almost time for next dose.
- Consult with your physician or pharmacist if you are having problem with it.