PREGNO 200 is brand name of Mifepristone 200mg . It is used for medical termination of pregnancy. It works by blocking the action of progesterone, an essential hormone for the development of pregnancy.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It blocks the effects of progesterone, a natural female hormone which is needed for the pregnancy to sustain. Without this hormone, the lining of the uterus (womb) breaks down as it does during a menstrual period and stops the growth of the pregnancy.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- If you vomit within 45 minutes of taking the tablet, talk to your doctor immediately. You will need to take another tablet.
- Take it only as prescribed by the doctor. Miscarriages, if incomplete, may result in serious medical complications leading to hospitalization, surgery and possible infertility.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.
- Take it no later than 63 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Vaginal bleeding may or may not occur after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if excessive bleeding occurs or if you suffer from severe abdominal pain.