PANOM 40 is brand name of Pantoprazole 40mg. It is used for treating acid-related diseases of the stomach and intestine such as heartburn, acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, and some other stomach conditions associated with excessive acid production.
Proton pump inhibitors
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it in empty stomach. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which in turn relieves acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Acid reflux)
Peptic ulcer disease
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Long-term use of this tablet can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Avoid eating late night snacks and smoking.