Generic Name:- Metformin HCL 500 mg SR +Glimepiride 2 Mg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Netformin-G2 is the combination product of Metformin HCl 500 mg Sustained Release and Glimepiride 2 mg bilayered tablet.It reduces the high blood sugar level. It helps to prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness and may reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
Antidiabetics ( Biguanides + Sulphonylurea)
Dose and Direction of Use
It is for oral adminsitration.The tablet can be taken with breakfast or first main meal of the day. The tablet must be swallowed whole and not chewed or crushed.
Mode of Action
- Decreases hepatic glucose production; decreases GI glucose absorption; increases target cell insulin sensitivity
- Glimepiride blocks the sulphonylurea receptor.This leads to closure of potassium channel and results in opening of calcium channel.There is rapid influx of calcium in the cells.This results in translocation of insulin containing granules into the plasma and insulin is released.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Don't take this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of this product
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Renal failure
- Hepatic impairment
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem , heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as this medicine may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Pack a biscuit or chocolate with you incase you feel dizzy due to low sugar level in the body.
- Take this medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with proper diet and exercise.