MOZART - H
MOZART - H contains Losartan 25mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg . Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. Losartan relaxes the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. A lower blood pressure will increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) . It reduces the amount of water in the body by increasing the flow of urine, which helps lower the blood pressure
Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB)
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, which lowers the blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
In Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness as it can cause dehydration.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.