Monast-4 contains Montelukast as active constituent. Montelukast is a leukotriene inhibitor. Montelukast is used to prevent asthma attacks and treat allergies in adult and childrens. It reduces inflammation in the airways and make breathing easier.
Leukotriene receptor antagonists
Dose and Direction of Use
The tablet dissolves in mouth and need not to be swallowed using water. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Montelukast is in the leukotriene receptor antagonist family of medications. It works by blocking the action of leukotriene D4 in the lungs resulting in decreased inflammation and relaxation of smooth muscle.Thus,relieving symptoms of asthma and allergies.
- Treatment of asthma as add-on therapy in those patients with mild to moderate persistent asthma.
- Prophylaxis during asthma.
- Prophylaxis during exercised induced asthma
- Symptomatic relief of seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Precautions and Warning
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. If an acute attack occurs, a short-acting inhaled β-agonist should be used.
- Montelukast should not be substituted abruptly for inhaled or oral corticosteroids.
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- In rare cases, patients on therapy with anti-asthma agents including montelukast may present with systemic eosinophilia, sometimes presenting with clinical features of vasculitis consistent with Churg-Strauss syndrome.Thus, the patient should be informed prior.