Mocast-L is an anti-allergic combination drug that is used for the treatment of conditions such as asthma, bronchospasm, rhinitis and chronic urticaria.
Montelukast (leukotriene antagonist)
Levocetirizine ( Anti- histaminic)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Combination of these two medicine helps to stop sneezing and runny nose caused due to allergies. Levocetirizine is an antiallergic medication that blocks a chemical messenger named histamine which is responsible for runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose and improves symptoms.
Sneezing and runny nose due to allergies
Allergic skin conditions
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Never use it to stop an attack that has already started, as it will not help.