Methamin INJ 1ml
Generic Name:- Mecobalamine 500mcg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Methylcobalamin is a form of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is important for the brain and nerves, and for the production of red blood cells. Methylcobalamin is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. methylcobalamin is sometimes used in people with pernicious anemia, diabetes, and other conditions.
Vitamin B 12 ( Nerve Supplement)
Dose and Direction of Use
Route of administration: Intravenous or Intramuscular.
A healthcare provider can teach you how to properly use the medication by yourself.
Mode of Action
Methylcobalamin works by functioning in the production of a material called myelin, which covers and protects nerve fibers. Without enough Methylcobalamin, the myelin sheath does not form properly or stay healthy. Vitamin B12 is also required for maturation of RBCs.
- Bell’s Palsy
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Eye Function
- Male Impotence
- Sleep Disturbances
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Drug induced Neuropathy
- Sciatica(back pain caused by a problem with the sciatic nerve)
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Vitamin B-12
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all your other medicines like antibiotic or metformin as it can affect the action of methylcobalamine
- Avoid drinking large amounts of alcohol. Heavy drinking can make it harder for your body to absorb methylcobalamine