Generic Name:- Losartan Potassium 50 mg +Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Losita-H is a brand of combination Losartan Postassoum 50 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg Tablet. It is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure helps to prevent future heart attack and stroke.
Antihypertensive ( ARB + Thiazide Diuretic)
Dose and Direction of Use
Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide tablets should be swallowed with a glass of water. Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide may be administered with or without food.Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Losartan: It blocks the binding of Angiotensin II to AT1 receptor.This results in decrease in Aldosterone release and decrease sodium and water reabsorption.Also results in vasodilation and finally decreases high blood pressure.
Hydrochlorothiazide: It blocks the Na Cl transporter in the distal convoluted tubule.This results in excretion of sodium, chloride and water and decreases blood pressure.
Hypertension(high blood pressure)
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Severe renal impairment
- Severe hepatic impairment; cholestasis and biliary obstructive disorders
- Refractory hyponatraemia
- 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy
Precautions and Warning
- Hypotension and Intravascular volume depletion should be corrected before administration of Losartan Potassium/ Hydrochlorothiazide combination
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Your doctor may get regular tests done to monitor the level of urea, creatinine, and potassium in your blood.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.