Generic Name:- Atorvastatin Hcl 10mg
Manufactured By:- Vijayadeep Laboratories Ltd.
Atorvastatin (STATIN) is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering blood cholesterol. It also stabilizes plaque and prevents strokes through anti-inflammatory and other mechanisms. It is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or other risk factors.
HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides, raising the level of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Prevention of Heart attack
Heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause diarrhea, gas or an upset stomach. If any of these happen to you, take it with food.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fatigue, muscle weakness or muscle pain.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting the treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of liver problems such as stomach pains, unusually dark urine or yellowing of skin or eyes.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood sugar level regularly as this tablet may cause an increase in your blood sugar level.