LEVETAM SR 500
Magnus Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
LEVETAM SR 500 is brand name of Levetiracetam SR 500mg. Levetiracetam is an anticonvulsant medication used to treat epilepsy.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the whole tablet by mouth with water. Don't chew, crush or break the tablet.
For children, dosage is based on their weight.
Mode of Action
Antiepileptic mechanism unknown; may inhibit voltage-depedent N-type calcium channels; may bind to synaptic proteins that modulate neurotransmitter release; through displacement of negative modulators may facilitate GABA-ergic inhibitory transmission
Partial Onset Seizure
Primary Generalized Tonic Clonic Seizures
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Aviod drinking alcohol with levetiracetam as it can cause side effects and may also increase the risk of seizures.
- Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how this medicine will affect you as it can make you feel dizzy and drowsy.
- Talk to your doctor is you have any medical condition like kidney problem or mood disorder.
- Worsening of behaviour or sucidial tendancy shoule be monitored carefully by the doctor.
- Dose should be adjusted for renal impaired patients.
- Consult to your doctor if breast feeding or pregnant.
- Don't stop taking this medication unless told by doctor.
- Do not increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed.
- Don't double the dose for missed one.