Kelzem-SR Forte is the combination of Metformin 1000 mg Sustained Release and Sitagliptin 50 mg Bilayered Tablets used for the reduction of high blood glucose levels. It helps to prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness and may reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
DPP-4 enzyme inhibitor (Sitagliptin)
Dose and Direction of Use
Once daily administration with a meal preferably in the evening. The tablet must be swallowed whole and not crushed or chewed
Mode of Action
- Decreases hepatic glucose production; decreases GI glucose absorption; increases target cell insulin sensitivity.
- Sitagliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP.
This results in glucose dependent stimulation of insulin and decrease in glucagon release.Thus decreases HbA1C, fasting and post prandial glucose level.gliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Metformin, Sitagliptin or any other component of this product.
- Severe renal impairment (GFR <30ml/min)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or pancreatitis before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- You should take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor along with proper diet plan and exercise.
- Pack a biscuit or chocolate incase you feel dizzy due to low sugar level.