Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg
Quest Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
IFOL XT is an iron supplement. It is used to increase the level of hemoglobin in the body. Combination of two medicine used for treatment of iron deficiency and anemia.
Ferrous Ascorbate (Iron supplement)
Folic acid (Form of vitamin B9)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the capsule whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Ferrous Ascorbate and Folic Acid which replenish the body's stores of important nutrients. Folic acid is a form of vitamin B. It plays a vital role in the formation of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. It is also essential in pregnancy due to its role in the development of the unborn baby's brain and spinal cord. Ferrous Ascorbate acts as a catalyst in various biochemical reactions in our body, facilitates transport and utilization of oxygen and helps in cell growth and proliferation. This improves the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
Treatment of Iron deficiency
Treatment of Anemia
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.