ICON 200 is an azole antifungal medication used to treat a variety of fungal infections.It works by stopping the growth of fungus and is used to treat infections of the mouth, throat, vagina and other parts of the body including fingernails and toenails. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane.
Dose and Direction of Use
Take this medication by mouth with a full meal as directed by your doctor, usually once or twice daily. Swallow the capsules whole.
Mode of Action
Itraconazole acts by inhibiting the fungal enzyme 14-alpha demethylase, an impotant enzyme responsible for sterol biosynthesis.
It can be used for following conditions:
1) Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis
3) Tinea infections which includes Tinea corporis, Tinea pedis/mannum, Tinea cruris, Tinea Versicolor
4) Prophylactic used in immunocompromised patients with fungal infections
5) Systemic fungal infections
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Itraconazole
- Acute porphyria
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- Do not take antacids two hours before or after taking this medication.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Inform your doctor if you develop allergic reactions, nerve pain, or hearing loss.