empagliflozin 10 mg
QbD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
The active ingredient of GLUCOEMP is Empagliflozin. It is used to control high blood sugar level in Type 2 Diabetic patient.
Anti-Diabetic, SGLT2 inhibitor
Dose and Direction of Use
Take this tablet by mouth with or without food as prescribed by your doctor. The dosage provided is based upon your medical condition and repsonse to the treatment. Take this medicatin regularly for the better result.
Mode of Action
Empagliflozin works by inhibiting the sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT-2) found in the proximal tubules in the kidneys. Through SGLT2 inhibition, empagliflozin reduces renal reabsorption of glucose and increases urinary excretion of glucose. The glucose-lowering effect of the drug is independent of insulin.
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Hypersensitivity to the Active Substance or to any of the Excipients.
Severe renal impairment (eGFR <30 ml/min/1.73 m2)
Precautions and Warning
- Talk to your doctor or patient if you have medical condition as such liver problem, kidney problem, high cholestrol or heart problem.
- Make sure to limit alcohol intake with this medication as it can lead to low blood sugar level and high ketone level
- Low blood pressure can cause dizziness or blurred vision. So, limit any driving or machinery work that requires attention. You can pack a biscuit or chocolate with you for low blood pressure.
- Consult to your doctor about your eating habits and maintain a proper Diabetes Plate Method.
- Make sure you follow light exercise in your day to day lifestyle.
- Follow doctor's advice if you are pregenant or planning for one. You should not take this medication if you are in the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- This medication is not suitable for Type 1 Diabetic patient and for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Doctor should monitor the sign and symptoms of ketoacidosis which is nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion and trouble in breathing.
- Don't double the dose for the missed dose.