National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Glipsi-100 is a brand name of Sitagliptin 100 mg tablet. It belongs to an oral hypoglycemic agent. It helps control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes.
Antidiabetics ( DPP-4 enzyme inhibitor)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth with food or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Sitagliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP.
This results in glucose dependent stimulation of insulin and decrease in glucagon release.
Thus decreases HbA1C, fasting and post prandial glucose level.gliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine or any other component of this product.
- Severe renal impairment (GFR <30ml/min)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem , heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine.
- Dose adjustment should be done for renal impaired patient.
- Pack a biscuit or chocolate with you, incase you feel dizzy due to low sugar level in the body.
- Take this medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with proper diet and exercise.
- Monitor your blood glucose level timely.
- Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea and/or vomiting.