Folvin is the type of vitamin B (vit. B9) that helps our body to produce and maintain new cells. It also prevents changes to DNA that may lead to cancer.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Take the medicine by mouth in time as detailed by the pharmacist.
- Donot chew or crush the tablet.
Mode of Action
Folic acid is converted to its metabolically active form i.e tetrahydrofolic acid by dihydrofolate reductase in liver and plasma which then prevents neural tube defects in women.
- For nutritional supplement
- Folic acid deficiency
- Megaloblastic anemia
- Malnutrition and malabsorption
- Known hypersensitive reactions
- Untreated cobolamine deficiency (vit B12)
- malignant disease
- undiagnosed megaloblastic anemia
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your physician about your health condition before using the medicine.
- Do not stop taking medicine without consulting with physician.
- Take medicine in time. Donot skip the dose or double take the medicine for the missed dose.