Flupen is the dry syrup that is intended for the children containing flucloxacillin 125mg/5ml and is used to treat bacterial infection in children. It is used in ear infection in children and in chest infection like pneumonia.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Mix the powder with sterile water and shake well to disperse the powder.
- Measure the exact amount in the measuring cap.
- Shake the bottle well before every use.
- Close the container tightly after every use.
Mode of Action
Flucloxacillin acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls. It inhibits cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component of the cell wall of Gram-positive bacteria.
- Skin infection
- Bone infection
- Wounds or burns
- Chest infection like pneumonia
- Ear infections
- Hepatic dysfunction
Precautions and Warning
- Discuss about your hea;lth issues with doctor before starting the medication.
- Do not stop medication without completing the dose as per the direction.
- Follow the dosing and time period as per the prescription.
- Do no start or stop taking medication randomly.
- Do not skip the medication.
- If any difficulties arise during the medication, consult with doctor immediately.