Nepal Pharmaceuticals Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. (NPL)
ENPIL 5 is brand name of Enalapril Maleate 5mg.. It is used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure and may be prescribed after a heart attack. It also lowers the chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Prevention of heart attack and stroke
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.
- It may increase the level of potassium in blood. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Let your doctor know about any cough, or throat irritation that does not go away.