Emarez-10 is the brand name for the antidiabetic drug empagliflozin 10mg which is used with regular diet and exercise for lowering the sugar level in blood in type II diabetes.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Swallow the tablet withut any modification to the tablet.
- Follow the dosing schedule and time period for medication as per the prescription.
- Take the medication at the same time of the day everyday.
Mode of Action
Empagliflozin works by inhibiting the sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT-2) found in the proximal tubules in the kidneys. Through SGLT2 inhibition, empagliflozin reduces renal reabsorption of glucose and increases urinary excretion of glucose.
- Treat type II diabetes
- End-stage renal disesase
- Hypersensitive to any ingredients
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with doctor before starting the medication.
- Follow the dosing schedule strictly.
- Do not start or stop taking medication randomly without consulting with doctor.
- Do not skip the medication or double take the tablet.
- If any diffiaulties arise durig the medication, consult with doctor immediately.