DULOT 30 is brand name of Duloxetine Hcl 30mg. (DULOT)Duloxetine is a serotonin and nor-epinephrine re-uptake inhibitor indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder as well as various forms of neuropathic pain.
Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant (SSNRI).
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance and stop the movement of pain signals in the brain.
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Anxiety disorder
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Fibromyalgia (a condition in which there are generalized pain and tenderness in the body)
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.
- It may cause an increase in blood pressure, especially during the first month of treatment. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- It may take 2-4 weeks for this medicine to act. So, take the prescribed medicine patiently.