Drota DS is the anti-spasmodic drug which is used in the relief of cramps in stomach. It relaxes the smooth muscle in stomach and heart and relieves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, mentrual cramps.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Take the medicine by mouth after food.
- Swallow the tablet without chewing or crushing the tablet.
- Take the medicine at the same time everyday.
Mode of Action
Drotaverine inhibits phosphodiesterase-IV specific for smooth muscles. It has rapid and direct effect on smooth muscle which acts to correct cyclic AMP and Ca imbalance at the spastic site, thereby relieving smooth muscle spasm and pain.
- Menstral cramps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredients
- Severe heart failure
- Arterial hypotension
Precautions and Warning
- Take the medicine as per the direction.
- Discuss about health issues prior starting the medication.
- Do not start or stop taking medicine randomly.
- DO not skip the medicine and double take the medicine.