DCR 50 is brand name of Diacerein 50mg. It lowers pain and swelling and helps the stiff joints to heal quickly. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines.
Proteoglycan synthesis stimulator
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by building cartilage (soft connective tissue around the joints) leading to joint repair. It also lowers pain and inflammation (swelling).
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- It may take several weeks to see treatment benefits. Keep taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It is better to exercise to strengthen muscles around the affected joint and manage your weight along with taking this medication.
- It may increase your blood sugar level. If you are diabetic, monitor your levels regularly.
- Do not take Dycerin Capsule if you are suffering from diarrhea or are above 60 years of age.