QbD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Active ingredient in Dabiclot is Dabigatran Etexilate Mesilate. It belongs to a group of medicines called anticoagulants. Dabigatran is used to decrease the risk of stroke caused by blood clot in people with heart rhythm disorder.
Antithrombotic Agents, Direct Thrombin Inhibitors, Cardiovascular, Hematologic
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the whole capsule by mouth with a full glass of water, usually twice a day and once a day after hip or knee replacement surgery as directed by doctor. Don't crush or chew the capsule and store it properly away from moisture. Take this medication with or without food as consulted by the doctor. Don't take antacid 24 hours after surgery or this medication might not work. Don't stop taking the medication without the direction of your doctor.
Mode of Action
Dabigatran is a potent, competitive, reversible direct thrombin inhibitor and is the main active principle in plasma. Since thrombin (serine protease) enables the conversion of fibrinogen into fibrin during the coagulation cascade, its inhibition prevents the development of thrombus. Dabigatran inhibits free thrombin, fibrin-bound thrombin and thrombin-induced platelet aggregation.
- Prevention of venous thromboembolic events in adult patients who have undergone major orthopedic surgery of the lower limb (elective total hip or knee replacement).
- Prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation(irregular heartbeat) and at least one additional risk factor for stroke.
- Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), and for the prevention of recurrent DVT and PE in adults.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity reactions to Dabigatran .
- Active clinically significant bleeding
- Mechanical prosthetic heart valve
- Severe renal impairment (CrCl <15 mL/min) or hemodialysis
- Hepatic impairment or liver disease expected to have any impact on survival
Precautions and Warning
- DABICLOT should be used with caution in conditions with an increased risk of bleeding or with concomitant use of medicinal products affecting hemostasis by inhibition of platelet aggregation. Bleeding can occur at any site during therapy with DABICLOT.
- Epidural or spinal hematomas may occur in patients treated with Dabigatran who are receiving neuraxial anesthesia or undergoing spinal puncture.
- The concomitant use of Dabigatran with P-gp inducers (e.g., rifampin) reduces exposure to Dabigatran and should generally be avoided.
- Direct-acting oral anticoagulants (DOACs), including Dabigatran, are not recommended for use in patients with triple-positive antiphospholipid syndrome (APS).
- This medications can cause stomach bleeing which is supported by alcohol intake. So, alcohol intake should be limited.
- Consult with your doctor if you are breast feeding, pregnant, have medical history of mechanical heart valave, kidney problem or bleeding problem or blood disorder like anemia.
- Don't stop taking medication unless directed by doctor.