COQ 60 is brand name of Ubidecarenone 50mg is supplement. It is a supplement with antioxidants given for heart disease, asthma, migraine, chronic fatigue syndrome male infertility. Ubidecarenone is a fat-soluble compound (chemical) synthesized by the body, required for the proper function of many organs and chemical reactions in the body.
Dose and Direction of Use
Use as directed by the physician.
Mode of Action
Ubidecarenone is an essential cofactor in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. Its functions are the acceptance of electrons from the complex I and II and this activity is vital for the production of ATP. It acts as a mobile redox agent shuttling electrons and protons in the electron transport chain.Ubidecarenone also presents antioxidant activity in mitochondria and cellular membranes, protecting against peroxidation of lipid membranes as well as inhibiting oxidation of LDL-cholesterol.
- For heart and blood vessel conditions including congestive heart failure (CHF), chest pain , high blood pressure , and coronary artery disease
- For recurrent pain in the legs due to blocked arteries , decreased mental capacity in the elderly, erectile dysfunction (ED), and male infertility
- Acts as an antioxidant (substance that protects against cell damage) by neutralizing the free radicals
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of the children
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight