CITRAKAL is the brand name of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 1.40 gm / 5 ml Syrup in 100 ml. It makes urine less acidic and helps to get rid of gout, kidney stones and uric acid.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Pour the recommended dose in the cap to consume.
- Follow the dosing schedule and duration as per the direction.
Mode of Action
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate is an acidic salt of the citric acid that is alkaline and therefore it neutralizes the excess amount of uric acid in blood and urine, thus decreasing the acidity of urine.
- Painful Urination
- Acidosis following Diarrhea
- Uremic Acidosis
- Renal Tubular Acidosis
- Adjuvant to Sulphonamide Therapy
- Renal Impairment
- Hyperosmolar State
- Patient who cannot tolerate Sodium
Precautions and Warning
- High dose intake by patient with renal problem may cause metabolic acidosis.
- Women with Toxaemia of pregnancy should use cautiously.
- Follow the dosing schedule streictly.
- Do not start or stop taking medicine randomly.