CICIN 750 is brand name of Ciprofloxacin 750mg.It is an antibiotic that treats bacterial infections of the urinary tract, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia). It cures the infection by killing and stopping the growth of the infectious microorganisms.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Treat and prevent infections caused by bacteria such as
- Gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease);
- Typhoid fever (a serious infection that is common in developing countries);
- Infectious diarrhea (infections that cause severe diarrhea);
- and Infections of the skin, bone and joint
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.