Cevela is the phosphate binder containing sevelamer 800mg which is used in the kidney patient. It is used to lower high blood phosphorus level in patients who are on dialysis due to severe kidney disease.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Swallow the tablet with water without breaking, chewing or crushing the tablet.
- Take the medicine with food.
- Follow the dosing schedule and timing as per the prescription.
Mode of Action
It works by binding phosphate in the gastrointestinal tract and decreasing absorption, sevelamer carbonate lowers the phosphate concentration in the serum. When taken with meals, sevelamer lowers both serum phosphate and parathyroid hormone, but does not increase serum calcium.
- Lowers phosphate level in kidney patient undergoing dialysis
- Patient with bowel obstruction
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredients
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with doctor prior starting the medication.
- Follow the direction and dosing schedule strictly.
- Do not start or stop taking medication randomly.
- Do not skip or double take the medication.
- If any difficulties arise during the medication, consult with doctor immediately.