Generic Name:- Telmisartan 40 mg + Amlodipine 5 mg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
CamloTel is the brand of combination of Amlodipine 5 mg and Telmisartan 40 mg Tablet.
Antihypertensive (Calcium Channel Blocker + ARB)
Dose and Direction of Use
May be taken with ou without food.
Mode of Action
Amlodipine: Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called “calcium channel blockers”. Amlodipine stops calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall which stops the blood vessels from tightening thereby also reducing blood pressure.
Telmisartan: It blocks the binding of Angiotensin II to AT1 receptor.This results in decrease in Aldosterone release and decrease sodium and water reabsorption.Also results in vasodilation and finally decreases high blood pressure.
- Not to coadminister with aliskiren in patients with diabetes mellitus
Precautions and Warning
Discontinue immediately with pregnancy; increased fetal/neonatal morbidity and mortality (see Black Box Warnings)
- May cause hypotension, particularly if volume or salt depleted (correct before initiating)
- Symptomatic hypotension with or without syncope may occur
- Titrate slowly in patients with hepatic or severe renal impairment
- May increase serum creatinine or BUN in patients w/ renal artery stenosis
- Monitor for hyperkalemia
- Use caution in heart failure, severe aortic stenosis (amlodipine), hepatic impairment, renal artery stenosis, or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Caution shpuld be used in heart failure patients