Generic Name:- Amlodipine 5mg + Losartan Potassium 40 mg
Manufactured By:- National Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Camlo-L is a combination of Amlodipine 5 mg and Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet.
Antihypertensive (Calcium Channel Blocker + ARB)
Dose and Direction of Use
- Can be taken with or without food.
Mode of Action
Amlodipine: Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called “calcium channel blockers”. Amlodipine blocks the transport of calcium into the smooth muscle cells lining the arteries of the heart (coronary arteries) and other arteries of the body thereby also reducing blood pressure.
Losartan: Losartan blocks the binding of Angiotensin II to AT1 receptor.This results in decrease in Aldosterone
release and decrease sodium and water reabsorption.Also results in vasodilation and finally decreases high blood pressure.
- Hypersensitivity to Amlodipine and Losartan
Precautions and Warning
- Caution should be used in Hepatic Impairment and Renal impairment
- Should be used in caution in patients with heart failure
- Hypotension and Electrolyte/Fluid Imbalance should be corrected prior to administration