Camlo 5 is the brand name for the cardiovascular medicine i.e. amlodipine 5mg that is used in reduction of hypertension. It belongs to calcium channel blockers and helps in prevention of heart failure or heart related problems.
Antihypertensive ( Calcium channel blockers)
Dose and Direction of Use
- Take the medication orally wit or without food.
- Swallow the tablet without any modification to the tablet.
- Take the medicine regularly at the same time of the day.
- Follow the dosing time and duration as per the prescription.
Mode of Action
It relaxes peripheral and coroary vascular smooth muscle, produces coronary vasodilation by inhibiting the entry of calcium ions into the slow channels of vascular smooth muscle and myocardium during depolarization.
- Prevention of future heart disese, heart attacks and stroke
- Prevent chest pain caused by heart disease.
- Severe hypotension
- Obstruction of outflow tract of the left ventricle.
- Hepatic and renal impirment
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your physician about your health conditions before starting the medicine.
- Follow the direction provided by the doctor strictly
- Do not start or stop taking medicine randomly
- Do not skip the medication or double take the medication.
- Visit doctor soon if any hypersensitive reaction occurs.