Generic Name:- Hyoscine Butyl bromide 20 mg
Manufactured By:- QbD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
Each Tablet Contains Hyoscine Butyl Bromide 20mg.
Pack Size: 20*10 strips.
An Anticholinergic Agent/Antispasmodic
Dose and Direction of Use
- Buscopol 10 mg, 20 mg Tablets are for oral administration only.
- 10 mg, 20 mg Tablets should be swallowed whole with adequate water.
- Adults: 2 tablets four times daily. For the symptomatic relief of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the recommended starting dose is 1 tablet three times daily, this can be increased up to 2 tablets four times daily if necessary.
- Children 6 - 12 years: 1 tablet three times daily.
- No specific information on the use of this product in the elderly is available.
- Buscopol 10 mg, 20mg Tablets should not be taken on a continuous daily basis or for extended periods without investigating the cause of abdominal pain.
Mode of Action
- Hyoscine Butyl Bromide is a quaternary ammonium compound which, as an anticholinergic agent, has a ganglion blocking component. Due to its anticholinergic action, Hyoscine Butyl Bromide reduces the tone and peristalsis of smooth muscle in hollow organs with parasympathetic innervation.
- Indicated for the relief of spasm of the Genito-Urinary Tract or Gastro- Intestinal Tract and for the symptomatic relief from bloating, indigestion of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Patients who have demonstrated prior Hypersensitivity to Hyoscine Butyl Bromide or any other component of the product.
- Myasthenia Gravis.
- Mechanical Stenosis in the Gastrointestinal Tract.
- Paralytic or Obstructive Ileus.
- Mega colon.
- Narrow Angle Glaucoma.
Precautions and Warning
- Symptoms like Fever, Nausea, Vomiting, and changes in Bowel Movements, Abdominal Tenderness, Decreased Blood Pressure, Fainting, or Blood in Stool, medical advice should immediately be sought.
- Patient may feel drowsy or dizzy while taking this medication. So, they are suggested not to do any machinery or driving work.
- Hyoscine Butyl Bromide 10 mg, 20 mg Tablets should be used with caution in conditions characterized by Tachycardia such as Thyrotoxicosis, Cardiac Insufficiency or Failure and in Cardiac surgery where it may further accelerate the Heart Rate. Due to the risk of Anticholinergic complications, caution should be used in patients susceptible to Intestinal or Urinary outlet obstructions.
- Because of the possibility that Anticholinergic may reduce Sweating, Hyoscine Butyl Bromide should be administered with caution to patients with Pyrexia. Elevation of Intraocular Pressure may be produced by the administration of Anticholinergic agents such as Hyoscine Butyl Bromide in patients with undiagnosed and therefore untreated Narrow Angle Glaucoma. Therefore, patients should seek urgent Ophthalmological advice in case they should develop a painful, Red Eye with Loss of Vision whilst or after taking Hyoscine Butyl Bromide.
This medicine has been viewed 157 times and last modified on 2021-01-22 22:52:47