BEMAT-N is brand name of Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% w/w+ Chlorocresol 0.1% w/w + Neomycin Sulphate 0.5% . This combination medicine that is used to treat various types of skin infections. It minimizes symptoms of inflammation such as redness, swelling, and itching. It also has an antimicrobial action against the infection-causing microorganisms.
Betamethasone Valerate (Corticosteroids)
Chlorocresol (Disinfectant, Antiseptic)
Neomycin Sulphate (Antibiotic)
Dose and Direction of Use
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the medication. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Mode of Action
Betamethasone is a steroid which blocks the production of prostaglandins that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Neomycin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth on the skin by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.Chlorocresol has antibacterial, antiseptic, disinfectant and antifungal properties.
- Bacterial skin infections (skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis, severe insect bites, prickly heat, and other types of rash)
- Reduces swelling, redness, and itching and so helps prevent scratching that can further irritate the skin.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Do not apply more or less of it or apply it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Do not apply it to other areas of your body or use it to treat other skin conditions unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Your skin condition should improve during the first 2 weeks of your treatment. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve during this time.
- To use it, apply a small amount to cover the affected area of skin with a thin film.
- This medication is only for use on the skin. Do not let it get into your eyes or mouth and do not swallow it. Avoid use on the face, in the genital and rectal areas, and in skin creases and armpits unless directed by your doctor. If accidental exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Do not apply other skin preparations on the treated area without talking with your doctor.
- Do not wrap or bandage the treated area unless your doctor tells you that you should. Such use may increase side effects.
- Do not use on a child's diaper area unless your doctor tells you that you should; do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants. Such use may increase side effects.